You are here: Dis-Chem Loyalty Terms & Conditions
Dis-Chem Loyalty Terms & Conditions
A) DIS-CHEM BENEFIT PROGRAMME TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Dis-Chem Customer Loyalty Programme, known as the ‘’Dis-Chem Benefit Programme’’, is operated by Dis-Chem Pharmacies (Pty) Ltd (‘Dis-Chem”).
- The Dis-Chem Benefit Card (“Benefit Card”) is issued by, and remains the property of, Dis-Chem who reserves the right to decline, issue and withdraw the Benefit Card or any Benefit or Partner points accrued at any time. Dis-Chem reserves the right to alter or amend the conditions of operation of the Benefit Card.
- Member data and personal information is protected in terms of the relevant legislation.
- Dis-Chem Benefit points earned in South Africa may only be redeemed in South Africa in South African Rand. Dis-Chem Benefit points earned in Namibia may only be redeemed in Namibia in Namibian Dollars. All Benefit points earned via online transactions on any website operated by Dis-Chem shall be deemed to have been earned in South Africa.
- By joining the Dis-Chem Benefit programme a member has agreed to these terms and conditions, as amended or replaced by Dis-Chem from time to time.
- Terms and conditions must be checked regularly and are available in store or online at www.dischem.co.za and may also be requested telephonically through the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline on 0860 347 243 or email@example.com.
- Any person who does not agree to be bound by the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme Terms and Conditions may not participate in the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme. Existing Dis-Chem Benefit Programme members who do not agree to be bound by the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme Terms and Conditions, including amendments thereto from time to time, must notify Dis-Chem of such refusal in writing or telephonically through the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline on 0860 347 243 or firstname.lastname@example.org, in which event such member’s participation in the Dis-Chem Benefit programme may be terminated and/or such person’s Benefit Card cancelled.
- Persons applying for a Benefit Card or redeeming any benefit accrued thereunder are required to provide a valid identity document issued in their country of origin as well as contact details. Dis-Chem’s right to decline to register any person and/or redeem any benefit, on whatever ground, is expressly reserved.
- A Benefit Card and the rewards accruing thereto are not transferable. Dis-Chem Benefit Programme rewards will accrue to the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member only.
- To earn Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points in store for a qualifying transaction the member’s Benefit Card must be presented at the point of sale at the time of transaction.
- Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points or rewards cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The value of points accumulated on the member’s Benefit Card profile can be used for payment of purchases at participating Dis-Chem Stores. Items purchased through points redeemed may not be returned or replaced for cash. Points earned through unauthorized use of any Benefit Card will not be honoured.
- In the event of any abuse or fraud being committed by any person in respect of the Benefit Card and/or conduct involving the abuse of points or rewards, Dis-Chem reserves the right to take appropriate action against the responsible person and all points accrued and unredeemed points and rewards issued may be forfeited and the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme Card revoked.
- Only the registered Benefit Card holder swiping the card (or making online purchases using a valid online profile against which that person’s Benefit Card is registered) at the time of the purchase transaction will be awarded points.
- The Dis-Chem Partner card swiped at the POS during any particular transaction will earn the appropriate Partner points associated with the membership and cannot be changed retrospectively.
- Dis-Chem reserves the right to make certain products and tender types exempt from the earning of points.
- No points, benefits and/or rewards will be earned or awarded in respect of any goods and/or services where the earning or awarding of such points, benefits and/or rewards are prohibited by any legislation in the Republic of South Africa and, where applicable other jurisdictions.
- Items excluded from earning points include, but are not limited to:
Baby formula, as prohibited by legislation;
gift card/loyalty card redemptions;
plastic bags; and
however, points may be awarded on the dispensing fee of the prescription dispensed for cash, and subject to any applicable terms and conditions prescribed by Dis-Chem and any other loyalty partner or service provider.
- Lost, stolen, or damaged cards should be reported to the Dis-Chem Customer Service Careline. Lost, stolen or damaged cards will be replaced at the in store Customer Service Desk on presentation of positive identification. If the monetary value of Dis-Chem Benefit Card points, attached to the card, have been redeemed in store before the card is reported as lost or stolen, there can be no subsequent recovery of Dis-Chem Benefit Card points or value. Dis-Chem cannot be held liable for loss of Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points or monetary value thereof.
- Dis-Chem's magazine publications "Benefits" and "Benefits Mother and Child" are available quarterly in store to all card holders at no cost, provided a Benefit Card is presented at point of sale.
- Dis-Chem reserves the right to retract any awards through its loyalty partners or service providers or otherwise earned through the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme points.
- In order to keep Benefit Card holders notified of their Benefit points as well as other programme benefits, Dis-Chem Pharmacies (Pty) Ltd, will (a) provide the current points balance excluding current sale, on the bottom of the till receipt (b) process Dis-Chem Benefit Card holders’ personal information on a central computer database; (c) send Benefit Card holder’s information which may include statements of accrued Benefit points; (d) make points balance available through online channels (e) send Benefit Card holder’s electronic marketing material to inform members of special offers and products that may be of interest to them.
- Dis-Chem Benefit Programme members have the right, in accordance with the relevant legislation, to (a) obtain access to his/her personal information held by Dis-Chem; (b) to request the correction, destruction or deletion of his/her personal information held by Dis-Chem; and (c) to object to the processing of his/her personal information. In the case of a Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member objecting the capture and processing of his/her personal information such person’s Dis-Chem Benefit Membership will be terminated.
- It is the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme member’s responsibility to inform Dis-Chem of any changes to his/her personal information.
- Dis-Chem reserves the right to suspend any Dis-Chem Benefit Card member’s profile should the account remain inactive for any period longer than 6 months or such period as may be determined by Dis-Chem. This provision will also apply to Dis-Chem’s loyalty partners and service providers.
- Dis-Chem Benefit points, loyalty partner or service provider points and other promotional points earned for transactions where goods are later returned will be deducted from your Dis-Chem Benefit Card account or partner reward account as applicable, and are subject to the Dis-Chem Pharmacies returns policy.
- Benefit Card holders may receive instant discounts on selected products in Dis-Chem stores. These promotions will be available for specified periods from time to time and subject to stock availability. Dis-Chem reserves the right, at any time, to amend or cancel these offers without notice.
- Dis-Chem Benefit programme members may opt-out of any direct marketing received from Dis-Chem should he/she so elect, by notifying Dis-Chem thereof in writing to email@example.com, alternatively, telephonically via Dis-Chem Customer Careline on 0860 347 243 or via the opt-out instructions in the various communication channels.
B) Third Party Loyalty Partners:
- Dis-Chem Pharmacies (Pty) Ltd and the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme have engaged with certain loyalty partners and service providers who participate in the Dis-Chem Benefit programme.
- These third party programmes must be activated according to each such third party’s process and are subject to such thirds party’s terms and conditions.
- Registration for such third party partners may require the Benefit Card holder to contact the third party directly to complete the registration and redeem benefits.
C) Dis-Chem Baby Programme Terms and Conditions:
- Dis-Chem reserves the right, without prior notice to Dis-Chem Benefit Programme members, to (a) include or terminate the participation of any third Party Business Partner from the Dis-Chem Benefit Programme and/or (b) amend the nature of and manner in which points or benefits may be earned from any third party loyalty partner.
- Expecting members must notify Dis-Chem of their expected due date, number of babies due (in the case of multiple births) in order to join Dis-Chem Baby. Supporting documentation is required to register multiple births.
- Members must earn a minimum of 975 points on their Benefit Card from the Dis-Chem Baby join date and must have a Well Baby/Observation consultation with the clinic sister in order to qualify for the baby bag.
- The following items are excluded from earning points and will not qualify towards the minimum point earn:
baby formulas (as prohibited by legislation in the Republic of South Africa);
gift card/loyalty card redemptions;
plastic bags; and
prescription medication, however points will be awarded on the dispensing fee of the prescription medication dispensed on a cash basis, and subject to the third party loyalty partner’s terms and conditions.
- In order to receive communication members must “opt-in”.
- Contents and value of the Baby Bag may vary from time to time.
- If the expecting member is not able to collect the baby bag, a representative may be nominated to collect the bag on such member’s behalf, provided that the collecting person shall be bring in a copy of the expecting member’s identity document as well as the collecting person’s own positive identification.
- Baby bags not collected within 6 (six) months of the expected due date will be forfeited by the member and may only be reissued another at the discretion of Dis-Chem.
- Adopting parents may join Dis-Chem Baby and qualify for a baby bag at the sole discretion of Dis-Chem, on condition that supporting documentation is provided and the qualifying criteria has been met.
- Only 1 (one) baby bag per expected child of an expecting member, qualifying for a baby bag under these terms will be issued.
D) Dis-Chem Foundation
- A portion of eligible purchases will be donated by Dis-Chem to The Dis-Chem Foundation which supports many worthy charities.