You are here: Foods-
Creamy Cashew Cauliflower Soup
Soups are a wonderfully easy way to get in vegetables. Especially those that you know are good-for-you but possibly not your favourite! Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable known for it’s detoxing properties.
The cashew nuts add the creaminess to the soup. For a richer flavour you can roast the cashew nuts before adding to the soup.
• 400g cauliflower, raw, broken or cut into florets
• 1 Tbsp (15ml) butter
• 1 Tbsp (15ml) vegetable stock or herb salt
• 1 tsp (5ml) cumin, ground
• 1 cup (250ml) milk
• 1 cup (250ml) water
• 40g cashew nuts
• 1 tsp (5ml) garlic clove, minced
• 1 tsp (5ml) Himalayan salt
1. In a medium pot, melt the butter and add the cauliflower florets, herb salt and cumin.
2. Fry for a few minutes until cauliflower is coated with butter and seasoning.
3. Add the milk and water. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
4. While the soup is simmering prepare the croutons. Cut bread of choice into equal small cubes.
5. In a saucepan or under a hot grill, dry fry the cubes of bread with the garlic and salt until lightly toasted. Set aside.
6. When the cauliflower is soft add the cashew nuts and blend the soup until thick and smooth
7. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve warm.