You are here: Sport & Supplements-
Choose safe supplements, Choose Dis-Chem
As a responsible retailer, Dis-Chem Pharmacies (Pty) Ltd (“Dis-Chem”) subjects some of its stocked products to random testing of substances, ingredients and quality. This is being done on a continuous basis in consumers’ interest, but Dis-Chem makes no representation or warranties of any kind(whether express or implied). Consumers should note the following:
- WADA prohibited substances: It is not practically possible for Dis-Chem to do blanket testing for all prohibited substances and a screen of compounds has thus been identified that can result in positive testing for substances prohibited in sport. The testing service is thus in essence a risk management tool to minimise risk. Whilst products are sampled and tested on random basis, neither the contracted laboratory nor Dis-Chem can provide any warranty that no substances that are banned in sport, will occur in products sold by Dis-Chem.
- Other harmful substances and condition of products: The random sample testing and supplier audits conducted by Dis-Chem is intended to locate harmful micro organisms, harmful chemical substances or any foreign matter in consumable products, but it is no guarantee that all products will at all times be safe and uncontaminated.
- Nutrient claims and allergens: Dis-Chem does not verify, test for or monitor manufacturers’ claims regarding nutrient content. Dis-Chem relies upon its suppliers for correctness of labelling informationregarding nutritional content and allergens and can thus not be held liable for any incorrect or incomplete information.
- Consumers are advisedto always check the labelled ingredients before use of a product and to raise any labelling queries or uncertainties directly with the product’s manufacturers.
- Disclaimer: Unless the consumer proves gross negligence on the part of Dis-Chem, Dis-Chem accepts no liability, to the extent permitted by law, for anydirect, indirect, incidental, special or consequential injury, harm, death, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused, arising from the consumption of any of our products or services. The consumer, by entering into any transaction with Dis-Chem and to the extent permitted by law, agrees to indemnify us against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred by reason of your purchase of any of our products or services. In the event that any clause contained herein is invalid or unenforceable, then such clause shall not affect the validity or enforceability insofar as the remaining clauses hereof are concerned.
Dis-Chem shall not be regarded as having waived or be precluded from exercising any right under this Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions by reason merely that we have provided any indulgence to any consumer or we fail to exercise or delay exercising any right we may have, whether the same right or any other right.
For any enquiries or explanation regarding this Disclaimer or Terms and Conditions, you are invited to contact Dis-Chem’s Head Offices at telephone 011-5892200