You are here: Foods- Dis-Chem Benefits Magazine
Pea and Feta Hummus on Rye
11th January, 2017
- 500ml frozen peas
- 3ml ground coriander
- 60ml chopped mint
- 60ml tahini paste
- 60ml lemon juice
- 30ml olive oil
- 200g feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- rye bread for serving
- olive oil for brushing
- Place the peas in a pot with boiling water to cover.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until the peas are tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to retain the colour.
- Place the peas in a food processor or blender with all the remaining ingredients except the bread.
- Pulse the mixture to form a fairly smooth paste.
- Brush the bread with olive oil on both sides and cook on a griddle pan until toasted.
- Pile the pea mixture onto the toasted bread and sprinkle with some extra feta if desired.