You are here: Foods- Dis-Chem Benefits Magazine
11th January, 2017
- 100g castor sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 500ml cream
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- treacle brown sugar for sprinkling
- Beat the castor sugar and egg yolks well.
- Heat the cream to just boiling.
- Scrape out the seeds of the vanilla bean into the cream.
- Pour onto the egg mixture while beating.
- Pour the mixture into 6 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into a roasting dish and fill with hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place in the oven at 150°C for 15-20 minutes or until just set with a slight wobble.
- Remove and cool then chill well.
- Sprinkle each with a layer of sugar and melt the sugar with a blowtorch or under a heated grill.
- Serve with raspberries.