You are here: About Dis-Chem Foundation
About Dis-Chem Foundation
Caring for the community
The Dis-Chem Foundation - a project that’s close to the hearts of our founders, Ivan and Lynette Saltzman – was established in 2006.
Taking “Pharmacists who care” even further, they decided to continuously reinvest Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ success for the upliftment of South Africa’s impoverished communities. Our team of compassionate social workers and care-givers work closely with registered NGOs to support sustainable improvement initiatives which touch the lives of:
- Less fortunate families and struggling communities who need food and shelter.
- Abused children and abandoned babies who need placement in safe havens.
- The fragile elderly and disabled who need special care.
Some of the ways we’ve made a positive difference:
- The food garden at our Head Office in Midrand, donates fresh produce to 23 feeding schemes within Gauteng.
- A donation worth R100 000 of school books, heaters, stationery, delicious treats, blankets and winter clothes to Bertrams Junior School.
- A R120 000 donation to aid the Boikanyo Foundation’s food garden which feeds one of Soweto’s impoverished communities.
Want to lend a helping hand?
The Dis-Chem Foundation is a beneficiary of our Benefits Programme. This means that every time you shop at Dis-Chem Pharmacies and swipe your membership card, we’ll donate a percentage of all eligible purchases to the Dis-Chem Foundation. Join our Benefits Programmenow or contact the Dis-Chem Foundation today